PROFILE OF QUALIFICATIONS
More than 15 years of diverse experience in corporate and individual settings, fulfilling projects for print, web, video, and 3D milieus. Self-directed, versatile, and highly innovative, with references from high-profile clients in sports, entertainment, retail, academic, and government sectors. Works well independently or in team settings. Communicate effectively with varied clientele; devised creative, cost-effective approaches.
1999 to present PHFE-WIC PROGRAM Graphic Design Consultant
Graphic design, photography and illustration consultant for the largest WIC Program in the US, serving over 300,000 participants each month. Nutrition education materials, professional training and education, legislative advocacy, trade show display and all other facets.
• Designed and illustrated 66-page children’s activity book
• Created and coordinated printing of 12 concurrent trade show exhibits
• Designed and illustrated 17 pamphlet series for “new” parents
• Design and graphic coordination for California WIC 20th Anniversary Celebration at State Capitol
• Designed logos and graphics for ten consecutive annual conferences and a national nutrition conference
2007 to 2009 KAISER PERMANENTE-CHR Graphic Designer/Production Artist
Graphic design and production artist for over 50 individual research programs at Kaiser’s CENTER FOR HEALTH RESEARCH. Typical projects include posters and displays for medical conferences, handouts for research subjects, direct mail, advertising, research forms and documents.
• Designed posters, advertising and all related materials for a prominent lecture series
1992 to 1999 PHFE-WIC PROGRAM Graphic Designer/Illustrator
Provide graphic design, photography and illustration for public education program serving 300,000/month; develop slide shows, videos, printed material and computerized presentations for multilingual nutrition and health-oriented programs serving individuals throughout California. Also create graphics for national and state level public health conferences; design training materials, displays, and booths. Assisted with translation into six languages.
1988 to 1992 SERRURIER & ASSOCIATES Graphic Designer
Designed sets, props, and graphics for entertainment construction company; also assisted with set construction. Projects included parade floats, retail store displays, and props for film and television. Supported procurement of materials and contract services; hosted client meets and facilitated installations at studios and other sites.
• Created 3D character sets for 30 Disney Stores, Inc.; also developed large-scale dioramas for some locations
• Designed props for Super Bowl Halftime Show in New Orleans
• Built parade floats for amusement park in Seoul, Korea and Disneyland’s Electric Light Parade
• Constructed props for Coca-Cola television commercial
Graphic Design studies, Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut, CA, Portland Community College, Portland, OR
Click here to open this resume as a pdf